Mar 30, 2020

Project Fight Club: The Return

Now I'm not entirely sure as to how many people read this blog (I mean technically I do but I'm not sure how many people check it), but to those who do, I'm sure you're aware of my old project that is nearly 6 years old: Project Fight Club. The game has gone through many iterations and a rework that was never released but now is the time I present the good news to those who care: I am remaking the game with my partner. Together, we'll be able to elevate what the game was to whole new levels with our current standards of polish.

The game will be made from the ground up to make it easier to maintain; the old code was very sloppy and contained a lot of redundancy considering I was not as good at coding as I am now. While this sounds like it'll take a while, it shouldn't be too bad, I've made everything in this game at one point, haven't I? Instead of the approach I had with the rework, which was to wait until the whole game was finished before releasing it, I will be updating the game as I go. Similar to how Dota2 rolled out heroes from Dota1 over time, PFC will be doing the same. At the moment, we will be prioritizing making tools that, when completed, will reduce the time it takes to make future additions. For example, Mr. Slice will be made first to lay the foundation for all the swords in the game, and by extension, daggers and greatswords. It's already being worked on right now!

Draw speed not to scale

If you're even more interested in the game's development to the point you wish to help out, I'm still accepting map submissions so long as they fit our criteria. For now, shoot a comment in the group to let us know you've made a map and we'll review it. 

I'm excited to work on this again, especially with someone I know I can rely on to provide assets I can't make myself such as 3D models and graphics. If you're interested in the game's development, I plan on documenting what I've done on the blog so be sure to check back often and join the group!




No comments:

Post a Comment