Apr 6, 2016

From the Ashes

It's been quite a while since I've made a blog post. The reason for that being quite simple: I haven't been working on much, until now. Sure, at one point I made Wax Champion for OPO, but I didn't believe it deserved a blog post. However, if enough people message me to make a blog post explaining how it works then I'll gladly go over the process of making the tool in an effort to educate those who are interested in making something similar. In other OPO related news, I haven't been given anything to make. I wanted to make more moves for Buddha but it hasn't been approved. To those who are familiar with this video, I'm also willing to make a post on how I created the tool. I won't be going over the code exact, but I can explain the thought process and all that.

Other than declaring this blog not-dead, the reason I made this post was to notify those who are interested that I'm continuing my pursuits on reworking Project Fight Club. I've been very hard at work on the core game. I've redone the main menu, I've fixed nearly half of the tools in the game to make them compatible with filtering along with balancing them, and I've been working on a new map as well, one I'm very excited to see finished. Project Fight Club will be remade to compete with the current line of front-end games you see on the Games page; it'll be ready for modern ROBLOX. What do I mean by that? Allow me to go more in-depth on the changes along with what PFC is trying to accomplish.

Many games on the Games page on ROBLOX share similar elements that make a game seem more polished: a main menu, preloading assets, customization, and microtransactions to name a few. I've always felt PFC was a nod to old fighting games in ROBLOX; games where players were given various tools and fought one another with them, similar to fighting with official ROBLOX gear. In order to preserve this design philosophy, the game's gameplay will obviously remain the same; you'll still see the same tools from before. What'll be new to the game are things like a round based system, a points system to determine a winner as opposed to endless fighting, and player customization. 

The new PFC will determine a winner by the amount of points earned in a single round. Points are given to players based off their actions. Things like: getting kills, healing, attaining high kill streaks, and shutting down players who've amassed countless kills in a life. Once a game ends, players will be rewarded with currency based on the amount of points earned. This currency can be used to buy boxes and skins and whatever else I have in store (no pun intended). Of course, you'll be able to purchase the currency or the boxes directly, but I won't be making them strenuous to earn by conventional means. I'm really against giving players a false sense of progress by making the rewards incredibly expensive, so it's completely optional.

I hope this sheds some light on the game as well as clearing any fog on what I mean by reworking PFC. I hope to make more blog posts in the future documenting my progress with PFC and any other project. In return for your loyalty, here's a sneak peek on the second map coming to PFC:

3 comments:

  1. Hey man, I support you; you inspire me alot but I have no skills. I'm still waiting on a tutorial on the latest video you made, falcon punch scene, and also how you made the Buddah. 1+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete